.

Sunday, October 2, 2011

5 and 0 Baby!!!

Y'all, I just can't stop talkin about Clemson football!! We went up to Blacksburg and absolutely kicked those Hokies' tails! I mean, the only points they scored on us came from a field goal...how embarrassing! Now, this weekend we're back at home for Homecoming 2011. Homecoming at Clemson has some really great traditions, one of my favorites being the "floats" that are built on Bowman Field. Floats are built by different campus organizations that work on them around the clock the entire week before homecoming. They are then enjoyed by thousands of Tiger fans, and judged based on different criteria, with awards announced at halftime of the football game. You can watch the build live via webcam here...
http://www.clemson.edu/webcams/sikes/
Now, I'm not superstitious but I do love this fun fact:  About 14 years ago my mom bout a Clemson University Barbie (these were special edition...no joke!) and several months ago she sent it out to Colorado, where it found a prominent place on my mantle! Not because I think it is quality decor, but more as a joke to see how long it took my roommate (not a Clemson fan) to notice it up there. Long story short, the Barbie is still on the mantle and Clemson hasn't lost a game yet! So I say, Clemson Barbie stays! (Sorry Kimmy :)
Special Edition Clemson University Barbie in all her orange and white glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment