.

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Trend Watch: Denim Leggings

I absolutely cannot believe it's almost September! 2010 has been flying by, and with the arrival of fall just around the corner, that can only mean two things: COLLEGE FOOTBALL!!! (Can you tell I'm just a little excited about football season?) and...fall fashion! One thing that I've been seeing in practically every store and on every website that carries denim of any sort is denim leggings. Now I know they can seem a bit confusing because you wonder to yourself, now are these leggings or are they jeans? The answer to that question is simple...they are both! They are leggings made out of a thin stretch denim material, usually with a 5 pocket styling like jeans, but a super slim fit like leggings. So after I got over the fact that they (the fashion industry) were making leggings out of denim, I thought, there is no way these will look even remotely good on most people, and...what the heck do you wear them with? So as soon as they arrived at j.crew, I braved the fitting room with a pair of classic indigo wash denim leggings and to my surprise, they didn't look half bad! The best part about them is that they are extremely comfortable, which is a huge factor in what I decide to buy and wear. They look great paired with anything you would wear with traditional leggings, and even some shorter tops because of the 5 pocket styling which creates an illusion of more of a structured look. As far as shoes go, sandals, flats, or boots are all great options. The most important thing to consider is length, because you don't want them too long and bunching at the top of your shoe. So at least for now, denim leggings are definitely "in". If you've been avoiding this trend like the plague, I encourage you to try a pair for yourself...I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by the fit and definitely by the comfort! Below are a few different pairs to check out, from a variety of stores in a range of washes.


Paige Denim Verdugo Legging, $179.00 Anthropologie

Overdyed Denim Four-Pocket Legging, $89.50 Banana Republic



No comments:

Post a Comment