.

Sunday, August 29, 2010

College Football!

Holy buckets somebody please tell me, where did August go?! It's true y'all, fall is upon us and that means lots of things...cooler weather, pumpkin spice lattes, changing leaves, but most of all COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON!!! Can you tell I'm excited?! Because excited would be an understatement...I'm beyond excited. It's around this time every year that I wish someone would invent some sort of machine that would allow me to teleport from Colorado to South Carolina in a matter of seconds, so I didn't have to miss a single home football game Saturday at Death Valley. I understand that college football means different things to different people, but growing up in the South, college football was a way of life. On any given home game day, the town of Clemson would swell from a mere 10,000 residents to around 85,000 to watch our tigers play. Pre and post game tailgating was a requirement, as was appropriate attire which typically consisted of a dress for girls and khaki pants, a white button down and tie for guys. I think it's pretty safe to say that I love everything about college football. The pageantry, the tradition, and the comradery is not something that can be explained, only experienced. So the countdown begins...6 days until kickoff, and there's only one thing left to say...1-2-3-4 1-2-3-4 C-L-E-M-S-O-N. Fight tigers, fight tigers, fight fight fight!!

No comments:

Post a Comment