.

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Gingerbread Cupcakes

So far my break has consisted of a lot of running errands and a little bit of down time. Today I got to hang out with some super cool girls, and we decided to forgo the usual frozen yogurt treat for a trip to a little place called Butter Cream Cupcakery. Cupcakes are definitely all the rage right now and are not just for kids birthday parties anymore. If you're looking for a cupcake recipe that is a little unconventional, I have just the site for you. It's called "Ming Makes Cupcakes" and it is a website with tons of amazing cupcake recipes, that go beyond your typical chocolate frosting on yellow cake mix combo. I recently whipped up "Cupcake 28" aka Gingerbread Cupcakes with Fluffy Cream Cheese Filling for a little holiday gathering. Although I'm not a huge gingerbread fan, my roommate insists that they were "really good". So if you're tired of baking cookies but still want a "Christmasy" treat, these cupcakes might be just your thing. I'm dying to try "Cupcake 12" next (Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting)...I'll let you know how that goes!
Gingerbread Cupcakes with Fluffly Cream Cheese Filling
Toppers from Hobby Lobby

No comments:

Post a Comment