.

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas Y'all!

I hope you are all enjoying sweet time with family and friends as you celebrate the Christmas season! Noah has been sick the last couple of days and went to bed early on Christmas Eve (if you know this kid, him going to be early is rare, so it's a bummer that he was sick) but luckily he has a little sister who still believes in the magic of Christmas, and I absolutely loved helping her prepare for Santa last night. We mixed oats and glitter and put it on the back porch as food for the reindeer, wrote Santa a note, and set out milk and cookies. This is what a three year old writes in a note to Santa:
"Dear Santa, I love your reindeers and I like how your reindeers eat food. Santa, there are cookies for you. There is milk also. You're the sweetest. Love, Holley."
Isn't that adorable?! I just love her sweet little heart! Watching the kids open presents and seeing the excitement on their faces as the took it all in made for a wonderful morning! I've been meaning to post these for a while, so here are a few pics from a Christmas party my roommate and I hosted a couple weeks ago followed by a silly pic of my sweet niece and nephew. I'll try to get some good pictures of Christmas morning up soon!
The drink bar
Hot chocolate bar
My favorite cookies: chocolate with mint on top. My grandma used to send a huge package full of cookies to our house every year at Christmas time, and I always loved these the most!
Peanut butter blossoms
Gingerbread cupcakes with fluffy cream cheese filling
Love this tree!
Favors for the guests: chocolate covered pretzel rods rolled in ghiradelli peppermint bark!
For to us a child is born, a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. -Isaiah 9:6

2 comments:

  1. Alyssa, I make the chocolate mint cookies for work each year, and everyone just gobbles them up. In fact, I had to make a batch in October to hold one lady over until Christmas! Hope your doing great. Mom pointed me to your blog, and I have enjoyed reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha Jessica, sorry I'm just getting this...that is hilarious that you had to make them in October!! I made 3 batches this year and I'm pretty sure I'm not gonna be ready to make more until at least late November of this year!! Thanks for following...I'm trying to be more consistent about updating! Hope y'all are doing well too!! :)

    ReplyDelete