.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Spill The Beans

If you're anything like me, you have those certain places in various cities that when you're there, you just have to go! Spill The Beans is one of those places for me...and I don't care what I have to do to get there, when I'm home, at least one trip to STB is a requirement. STB is a cute little shop that sells gourmet coffee and custom blended ice cream and yogurt. I'm not a coffee drinker so as far as I'm concerned, the custom blended yogurt is where it's at! You first get to choose either vanilla or chocolate (yogurt or ice cream) and then up to three different toppings, of which there are probably at least 30 to choose from. Then they put it all in this magic machine and it makes the flavor of your choice! All I'm sayin is that coffee, toffee, and peanut butter will not disappoint! So my recent trip to STB got me thinking about how sweet it would be to have an ice cream/yogurt/sorbet maker at home. I remember and ice cream maker I had as a kid (along the lines of an Easy Bake Oven, but an ice cream machine) and what I remember is putting the ingredients in this metal drum, putting rock salt around it, and turning a crank for way too long only to end up with a couple spoonfuls of "ice cream". Well, those days are over y'all and the new machines are, get this...fully automatic! My favorite so far is the Cuisinart Classic Frozen Yogurt, Ice Cream & Sorbet Maker. It has received great reviews and is available at a reasonable price point. I recommend checking them out at Sur la Table because they have super cute colors! (Personally I'm lovin the tangerine!) Also, I saw these great Sorbet Cups and Spoons at Crate and Barrel which would be perfect for entertaining. Happy ice cream making and if you're ever in Clemson or Greenville, SC put Spill The Beans on your "places I must go" list...you'll be glad you did!!

Coffee, toffee, and peanut butter in vanilla frozen yogurt from Spill The Beans. AH-MAZING!

No comments:

Post a Comment