.

Monday, July 5, 2010

Running + Dresses

Let me just start out by saying that I love running. I know it's not for everybody, but its definitely for me. I could talk about so many reasons that I love running, which I'm sure will appear in future blog posts to the point where you may even get tired of hearing about it! Now another thing I love are dresses. I love a good summer dress, a good cocktail dress, a good bridesmaids dress, a good wedding gown...I just love dresses (I also have an abundance of reasons for this...future posts people, future posts)! So as much as I love these two things independently, one thing that I'm sure I do not love are these two things together: running dresses. Yes, you heard me correctly...companies are making and marketing dresses, for running. I'm not sure why someone thought that was a good idea but I'm here to tell you that there are hundreds of cute running outfits out there that are equally or more comfortable, functional, and fashionable than the running dress. So please, if you see these in a store, although you may admire the cute colors or patterns of the garment, quickly keep walking to the shorts section and get a pair of these instead. Otherwise, when I pass you running in a dress, I will probably have a hard time taking you seriously. You know, kind of like those runners that take GU gels and Sports Beans during a 5K?! So save the hydration belts for the marathon and save the dress for anything other than running! The first picture is of an actual running dress currently for sale at a popular women's athletic retailer and the second is a picture of what I like to think are the best running shorts ever, the Nike Tempo Track Short. These shorts are the perfect length, come in an abundance of colors (yes, the neon colors did hit the market this season and yes, I did score a pair of neon orange ones!), and will comfortably get you through training runs and races of any distance. Happy running!

1 comment:

  1. I love running in a dress it's not serious it's fun and comfortable

    ReplyDelete